The Royals statement did not divulge any detail, but said Allen was “safe”, and was preparing for the Eliminator against Super Kings on Wednesday in Cape Town.
“The franchise works closely with the league to ensure the safety and well-being of its players and staff, while also allowing them to have free personal time as well,” the statement said. “Following the incident, the player was provided with the necessary support by the franchise and the league, and [he] was keen to continue his participation at the SA20, and has since been available for selection (twice also featuring in the playing XI for the Royals).”
SA20 itself has so far not made any public comment, but PTI quoted an unnamed official saying: “The league places utmost importance on ensuring the safety and security of every individual associated with the seamless operation of the league.”
Royals ended third after the round-robin stage of the SA20 this season, with Allen having played eight out of their ten games. However, he bowled only in four innings, having taken two wickets at 35.50 across the eight overs he has delivered. But Allen wasn’t selected to play in Royals’ final two matches before the playoffs.